3 Easy Healthy Hemp Recipes
Hemp, hemp seeds, hempseed oil, and hempseed hearts - good for your body in so many ways! We’ve rounded up three of our favorite quick, easy, and absolutely DELICIOUS hemp recipes for you to check out:
Hemp Seed Basil Pesto
Perfect for topping your favorite spaghetti (or spaghetti squash), spreading on a sandwich, or swapping in for pizza sauce - you name it!
Time: 5 minutes
* 1/4 cup hemp seeds
* 2 1/4 cups loose fresh basil leaves
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 clove garlic
* Salt to taste
Place all of the ingredients except the oil and salt in a food processor. Turn the food processor on and slowly pour the oil into the feed tube until the mixture is smooth. Add more oil if desired or thin with cooking liquid from pasta. Season to your taste with salt. Enjoy!
No Bake Hemp Heart Energy Cookies
Vegan and super simple to make, these healthy hemp heart energy bites are made with simple and healthy ingredients! Perfect for pre or post workout.
Time: 10 minutes
* 1/2 cup hemp hearts
* 1 cup oats, rolled or quick
* 6 medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped
* 1/2 cup coconut flakes
* 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* pinch of salt
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend them until combined. Add 1 tablespoon of water if needed to make the mixture clump up.
If the mixture is too wet, try adding a pinch or two of oats. The dryer they are the more they will be a stiffer, but chewy cookie. The more moist they are, the more cookie dough-like they will be!
Scoop + roll: Next, roll the dough into one inch balls. If your dough seems too sticky to roll, refrigerate the dough for about 20 minutes before rolling.
Roll your cookies in the hemp seeds, cinnamon, and coconut. If your roll your cookies in powder, be sure to gently lift and drop your coated cookies a few times an inch or two above a hard surface to let your excess powder fall off, otherwise things can get messy!
Makes 12 energy bites
Banana Hemp Seed Muffins
A yummy way to start your morning! They are absolutely delicious and perfect with every bite, but also give an added boost of Omega 3 goodness, potassium and protein! Gluten-free, vegan, naturally sweetened with ripe bananas and low-glycemic sweetener.
* 1/4 cup hemp hearts
* 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
* 6 tablespoons warm water
* 1 cup light spelt flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, aluminum free
* 1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt
* 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
* 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted but not hot
* 2 very ripe bananas (total of 1 cup smashed)
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Preheat your oven to 325F. Prepare a muffin pan with liners or parchment paper sheets.
* In a medium bowl, mix ground flax seeds with warm water and set aside.
* In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
* Back in the bowl with the flax seeds; smash the bananas into the flax seeds, add sugar, oil, vanilla extract and mix well.
* Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
* Add in the hemp seeds and stir to combine.
* Scoop into the muffin pan evenly.
* Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry and clean. Let cool for 15 minutes.
Makes 10-12 muffins